Pasadena Home Staging – Cost Effective Kitchen Remodel
A few weeks ago we performed a home staging consultation for this beautiful Sierra Madre pool home. The home has great architecture, but the kitchen and master bathroom were a little dated. As part of the consultation, I recommended the following:
- Paint the oak cabinets a warm white
- Add brushed nickel knobs
- Replace the laminate counter-top with granite slab
- Replace the older appliances with new, stainless appliances
- Move the refrigerator from the laundry room into the kitchen (required removing some cabinets, but this kitchen does not lack cabinet space)
- Update the sink and faucet
- Replace the tired linoleum floor
- Replace the inadequate surface mount light fixtures with recessed lights (and more of them)
The cabinets were not replaced and the beautiful tile backsplash was spared.
These home owners saved money by sourcing and purchasing all the materials themselves, although I gave them recommendations on where they could get a good deal on appliances, knobs and fixtures. The kitchen is now beautiful, more functional and worthy of a home at this price.
And, as often happens, the homeowner said “Why didn’t we do this while we were living here?”