7 Tips For Using Mirrors In Home Staging
When it comes to staging a home for sale, the use of mirrors can be an incredibly effective tool to create a visually appealing and inviting space. Mirrors can serve a multitude of purposes, from creating the illusion of more space to adding depth and dimension to a room. Here’s some tips for using mirrors in your home staging process.
Here’s 7 tips for using mirrors in home staging:
- Mirrors multiply light in a room. Mirrors, by their very nature, are reflective. They will reflect light coming in from windows and artificial lighting, whereas painted or wallpapered walls and drapery typically absorb light. Hanging a mirror across from a window will visually double the light from that window, bouncing it back into the room.
- Mirrors make small rooms feel larger. I call mirrors “room expanders”. We use large mirrors in small rooms to visually expand the space, making the room appear larger. The reflection you see in the mirror adds depth, making the room seem larger than it is.
- Mirrors allow home buyers to “see” themselves in a home. If they like what they see in the mirror, they’re more likely to consider a home “the one”. We often use mirrors in the entry of the homes we stage, so potential buyers can immediately see themselves in the home. It’s a psychological trick, but it works!
- Mirrors multiply beautiful views or architectural features. By using mirrors in rooms with great architectural features or beautiful views, you are giving the rooms occupants (potential buyers) more opportunities to enjoy those views and features from different angles.
- The right mirror can add perceived value. Our goal at Moving Mountains Design is to add perceived value to every home we stage. We want every potential buyer to walk into the homes we stage and feel like the home is worth more than the asking price. We have a large selection of beautiful mirrors to accentuate the homes we stage and add the value that makes home buyers say “Let’s make an offer”.
- Mirrors can be used in place of a piece of art. The right mirror can create a “moment” and be used instead of a print or painting.
- The right mirrors blend well in almost any décor. I’ve yet to stage a house that couldn’t benefit from using right-sized mirrors in the right decor style.
- Mirrors can create the illusion of another window in a room, especially if you have a mirror shaped like a window.
In addition to placement, it’s also important to choose mirrors that are appropriate for the space. For example, a large, ornate mirror might be perfect for a formal living room, but it might feel out of place in a more casual space. At Moving Mountains Design, we always consider the style and decor of the room, as well as the size and shape of the mirror, when making your selection.Contact us today for your no-cost, no-obligation estimate for staging your home or listing (626)-695-1227 (phone or text), Michelle@MovingMountainsDesign.com or request an estimate here.