Charming CalTech Area Pasadena Home Staging
Yesterday, we staged an adorable romantic English cottage in the Caltech neighborhood of Pasadena. I was initially hired by the homeowners for a comprehensive home staging consultation. I couldn’t have asked for better staging clients or nice people to work with. 2 months later they were done packing up the excess and completing the tasks on their to-do list and Moving Mountains was there to transform their home. This was a “hybrid” staging as we used some of the homeowners’ furniture and rugs and augmented it with rental furniture, artwork & accessories.
Some of the changes we recommended as part of the home staging consultation:
- Remove a wall of built in cabinets that were not part of the original construction, didn’t match the architecture and made the home feel smaller
- Remove carpet from 2 bedrooms and a hall to reveal the hardwood floors beneath
- Refinish the hardwood floors
- Paint all rooms from a palette of colors provided during the consultation
- Paint the dark wood kitchen and bathroom cabinets white
- Add granite counters in the kitchen
- Remove some cabinets from the kitchen that were added after the home was built and didn’t match the existing cabinets
- Extensive landscape and garden clean up
And here’s the finished product:
In addition to a large living room and dining room, the home has an enclosed light-filled sun porch which can easily accommodate more casual seating and a casual dining area or game table.
The home has 3 bedrooms and 1.75 bathroom, plus guest quarters over the garage with another 3/4 bath.
OPEN HOUSE SCHEDULE:
Thursday, March 10, 2011 – 10 am until 2 pm
Thursday, March 10, 2011 – 5 pm until 7 pm Twilight Open House
Saturday, March 12, 2011 – 1 pm until 4 pm
Sunday, March 13, 2011 – 1 pm until 4 pm
The listing agent is Irina Netchaev, Keller Williams Pasadena. She can be reached at (626)629-8439. MLS#22149279.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.