7 Ways to Convince Home Sellers To Stage
Congratulations, you’ve got the listing! Now comes the hard part – convincing the seller to stage. Here’s 7 ways to convince the seller to stage:
- Staging your home will make it more appealing to buyers, making them willing to spend more money to get the home of their dreams. Buyers need to be able to visually see themselves in your home. They want to imagine how they would live in it, not how you are currently living in it.
- If your home isn’t staged, you are helping to sell the neighbor’s house that is professionally staged. It’s human nature to be attracted to pretty things, and staged homes are much prettier than unstaged or poorly staged homes.
- Staging will relieve you of a lot of stress and pressure, wondering if your house looks good enough for buyers to get the highest price. The right professional stager can help you with paint colors, light fixtures, curb appeal. We can also save you money by letting you know what you should spend money on fixing, and what won’t really matter in the sales process.
- Staging will make your home picture-perfect. Buyers look online first. What they see in the photos will determine whether they are drawn in to see the home or repelled by what they see.
- Professional staging will encourage the buyer to form an emotional connection with the house and encourage them to compete to buy your home, resulting in over-asking-price offers.
- Staging is an investment, not an expense. You are investing in a proven method for appealing to the greatest number of potential buyers willing to pay the highest price. Staged homes make the best first and most lasting impression. Additionally, the cost of staging might be tax deductible as a marketing expense. Check with your CPA.
- In 2022 alone, our staging clients have gotten, on average, almost 4,300% of their staging investment back in the form of higher selling prices over list! Those are amazing returns on a relatively small investment. What exactly does that mean? If you pay $6,000 for staging you may get as much as $258,000 over the list price. We had one house go 97 times over the cost of staging ($600,000). We’ve had several sell for 30-60 times over the cost of staging ($200,000 to $480,000).
Don’t let an opportunity to get similar results slip by without convincing your sellers to stage. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation estimate or call us at 626)385-8852. We’ll be happy to help!
(photo credit: Lacey Wood Photography)